Darui Xu, Ph.D.
Education and Training
- Dalian University of Technology, China, B.S., Chemical Engineering, 1996
- Florida State University, M.S., Computer Science, 2002
- Florida State University, Ph.D., Chemistry, 2007
- 2007 - present, Postdoctoral Researcher, UT Southwestern Medical Center
Honors and Awards
- American Heart Association Predoctoral Fellowship, 2004
- National Institutes of Health Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2010
- Xu, D., Grishin N.V. and Chook, Y.M. "NESdb: a database of NES-containing CRM1 cargoes" Mol. Biol. Cell 2012;23(18):3673-6
- Xu, D., Farmer, A. , Collet G., Grishin N.V. and Chook, Y.M. "Sequence and structural analyses of nuclear export signals in the NESdb database" Mol. Biol. Cell 2012;23(18):3677-93
- Harris, R.C., Mackoy, T., Machado, A.C.D., Xu, D., Rohs, R., and Fenley, M.O. "Opposites Attract: Shape and Electrostatic Complementarity in Protein-DNA Complexes" In Book: Innovations in Biomolecular Modeling and Simulation, Edition: Biomolecular Sciences Series, 2012; Vol 2 53-80
- Xu, D., Farmer, A. and Chook, Y.M. "Recognition of nuclear targeting signals by Karyopherin-β proteins" Curr Opin Struct Biol. 2010;20(6):782-90
- Xu, D., Landon, T., Greenbaum, N.L. and Fenley, M.O. “The electrostatic characteristics of G.U wobble base pairs”, Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35(11):3836-47.
- Xu, D., Greenbaum, N.L. and Fenley M.O. “Recognition of the spliceosomal branch site RNA helix on the basis of surface and electrostatic features”, Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33(4):1154-61.