- Congratulations!!! Ellen Kitchell, MD, ID fellow, was awarded a virology grant from Bristol Myers Squibb to study “HIV Testing in Chronic Hepatitis B- and Hepatitis C-Infected Patients before and After Release of Federal Guidelines for Universal HIV Screening”. She is one of a few number of fellows throughout the country who was selected for this prestigious award.
- NCTCTSI is a NIH supported program to help young investigators develop research protocols. Congratulations to our investigators who received funding through this program.
- Michael Limerick, RN, PhD Dr. Limerick will be studying lipid re-distribution and metabolism in patients with HIV and lipodystrophy.
- Steven Klemow, MD Dr. Klemow will be studying a novel treatment for Kaposi’s sarcoma in HIV-infected patients.
- Mamta K. Jain, MD, MPH. Dr. Jain will be studying PK/PD of pegylated interferon and r ibavirin in HCV and HIV/HCV patients.
Viral Kinetics Study
- Jain MK, Yuan HJ, Adams-Huet B, Reeck A, Shelton J, Attar N, Zhang S, Neumann AU, Carney DS, Gale M, Lee WM. Pegylated Interferon and Ribavirin Promotes Early Evolution of Nonstructural 5A Protein (NS5A) in Hepatitis C Responders. J Infect Dis (2009 Jul 28. [Epub ahead of print]
- Skiest D, Su Z, Havlir D, Robertson K, Coombs R, Cain P, Petersen T, Krambrink A, Jahed N, McMahon D, Margolis D, and the AIDS Clinical Trials Group 5170 Team Interruption of Antiretroviral Treatment in HIV-Infected Patients with Preserved Immune Function Is Associated with a Low Rate of Clinical Progression: A Prospective Study by AIDS Clinical Trials Group 5170 The Journal of Infectious Diseases 2007; 195:1426-36.
- Glesby M, Bassett R, Alston-Smith B, Fichtenbaum C, Jacobson E, Brass C, Owens S, Sulkowski M, Race E, and Sherman K for the AIDS Clinical Trials Group A5088 Protocol Team. Pilot Study of Low-Dose Interleukin-2, Pegylated Interferon-α2b, and Ribavirin for the Treatment of Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Patients with HIV Infection
The Journal of Infectious Diseases 2005; 191:686-93.
- Wohl D, Kendall M, Andersen J, Crumpacker C, Spector S, Feinberg J, Alston-Smith B, Owens S, Chafey S, Marco, Maxwell-Henkel S, Lurain N, Jabs D, Benson C, Keiser P Low rate of CMV end-organ disease in HIV-infected patients despite low CD4+ cell counts and CMV viremia results of ACTG protocol A5030. HIV Clinical Trials 06/01/09. 10(3): 143-52
- Goldman M, Zackin R, Fichtenbaum C, Skiest D, Koletar S, Hafner R, Wheat L, Nyangweso P, Yiannoutsos C, Schnizlein Bick C, Aberg J. Safety of discontinuation of maintenance therapy for disseminated histoplasmosis after immunologic response to antiretroviral therapy. Clinical Infectious Diseases 05/15/2004. 38(10): 1485-9.
- Riddler S, Jiang H, Tenorio A, Huang H, Kuritzkes D, Acosta E, Landay A, Bastow B, Haas D, Tashima K, Jain MK, Deeks S, Bartlett J. A randomized study of antiviral medication switch at lower-versus higher-switch thresholds: AIDS Clinical Trials Group Study A5115. Antiviral Therapy 07/15/2007. 12(4):531-41
- Margolis D, Mukherjee L, Fletcher C, Hogg E, Ogata-Arakaki D, Petersen T, Martinez A, Mellors J. The use of [beta]-D-2,6-diaminopurine dioxolane with or without mycophenolate mofetil in drug-resistant HIV-infection
AIDS 10/01/2007. 21(15):2025-32