- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Reference
- Clinical Evidence
- Consumer Health
- Family Medicine
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mobile Resources
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Guidelines
- Psychiatric Emergency
- Public Health
- Texas Public Health
- Animal Welfare
- Basic Sciences
- Data Sets
- Environmental Health
- International Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Management, Health Policy
- NIH Public Access
- Science Reference
- Dissertation & Thesis
- Division of Basic Science (DBS) Student
- MS1 Orientation
- Southwestern School of Health Professions (SSHP) Student
- UT Southwestern Austin Program Affiliates
- Ask Us
- Class Registration
- Clinical Informationist Program
- Computers in Library
- Individualized Training
- Institutional Repository
- InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Laptop Checkout
- Library Forms
- Liaison Program
- Library Card Application
- Library Intra-Campus Delivery Services (LIDS)
- Library Toolbar
- Literature Search Request
- Off-Campus Access
- Presentation Room Request
- Printing and Photocopying
- Renew Library Materials
- Research Support and Reference
- Study Rooms/Clinical Workstation
- Wireless Connection
- Ask Us
PC laptops are available for in-library checkout at the South Campus (main) Library.
- Current UT Southwestern faculty, staff, residents, fellows, and students in good standing.
- Staff of affiliated institutions (Parkland Health & Hospital System, Children's Medical Center, Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences, and UT Southwestern Austin Programs) in good standing.
Availability: Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may be borrowed for up to six (6) hours during staffed hours. (Note: They cannot be reserved in advance.) The latest time a laptop may be checked out is two (2) hours before the Information Desk closes each day. Laptops must be returned to the Information Desk no later than 30 minutes before it closes. The Library does not currently charge a penalty for late check-in, but user privileges may be suspended.
Required documents for in-library checkout: Borrowers must have registered for Library account and be in good standing. To check out laptops, borrowers must present either a valid UT Southwestern ID or a Library card and another picture ID at the Information Desk.
Laptops must remain in the Library at all times. The laptop and any accessories are the responsibility of the borrower while checked out.
All laptops must not be left unattended or unsecured since thefts have occurred in the Library. Locks are available to secure laptops to certain Library furniture.
Use of a laptop is subject to University regulations on computer resources and the Library Use and Conduct Policy. The borrower will not add, alter, delete, or copy any software loaded on these computers. The laptop will not be used for illegal use. No additional software is to be loaded without permission of Library staff. Any computer malfunctions should be reported to Information Desk staff immediately.
Library resources are selected to support the educational, scientific, and clinical missions of the campus. Use of Library resources is restricted to activities related to these missions.
Network, wireless, and power connections are available at the both South Campus (main) Library and North Campus Branch Library. For wireless access, Library users with personal laptops or other devices must have Virtual Private Networking (VPN) account or connect to the wireless network.
If you do not find what you need, please call 214-648-2001 and press "0" to reach the Information Desk, or email us.
Live Chat is generally available Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. You may email us at the moment.