Library Staff—Kelly Gonzalez
Title: Deputy Director
- Monitors day-to-day operations of the Library including public services, acquisitions, technical services, education, information systems, administration, and web services.
- Leads task forces undertaking major projects such as customer focus groups and electronic dissertations.
- Assists the Director with planning and budgeting.
- Responsible for the monitoring of services, encouraging communication and collaboration, personnel management, and employee relations.
- Promotes informed decision making and represented the Library and the Director to various on and off-campus organizations.
Areas of Interest:
- Medical Informatics
- Online Instruction
- Digital Libraries
- Database Development
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- National Library of Medicine/Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries Leadership Fellow, 2010-2011
- Medical Informatics MBL/NLM Course Fellow - Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA. Sponsored by the National Library of Medicine. Certificate, Fall Course, 2009.
- Frye Institute Fellow - Emory University, Atlanta, GA. Sponsored by the Council on Library and Information Resources, EDUCAUSE, and Emory University. Certificate, May 31 - June 11, 2009.
- M.S., University of North Texas, Information Science, 1992
- B.A., Texas A&M University, English/Linguistics, 1991
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Senior Member (2007 - 2012)
- American Library Association (2011 – Present)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (2011 – Present)
- Consumer Health Information Specialization Program, Medical Library Association (2008 - 2011)
- HealthLINE (2005 - Present)
- HealthLINE Communications Committee (2005 - 2008)
- Health Sciences Library Association of Louisiana (1997)
- HSLAL Continuing Education Committee Member (1997)
- Library Leadership and Management Association (2011 – Present)
- Library and Information Technology Association (2011 – Present)
- Medical Library Association (1993 – Present)
- Midcontinental Chapter of the Medical Library Association (1994 - 1995)
- Midwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association (2003 - 2005)
- MLA 2010 Program Committee (2008 - 2010)
- MLA LGBT Sig Co-Convener (2008-2010)
- MLA Oral History Committee (2010-2013)
- MLA Oral History Committee, Chair Designate (2011 - 2012)
- SCC/MLA 2008 Local Arrangements Committee Chair (2007 - 2008)
- SCC/MLA Bylaws Committee (2011 - 2012)
- SCC/MLA Communications Committee Chair (2009-2010)
- SCC/MLA Communications Committee (2006 - 2010)
- SCC/MLA Credentialing Committee ( 2006 - 2007)
- SCC/MLA Credentialing Committee Chair (2007 - 2008)
- SCC/MLA Program Committee Member (1997)
- SCC/MLA Survey Liaison (2006 - 2009)
- South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association (1993 - Present)
- Texas Library Association (2011 - Present)
Teaching and Presentation Materials:
- Chapa, Kay, Gonzalez, Kelly, Wayne, Richard, Performance Measurement: Organizational Changes and Outcomes Monitoring, Presented at the Library Assessment Conference, 26 Oct 2010
- Gonzalez, Kelly, Crossno, Jon, Imagining Web Content as an Investment, Presented at the South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association, 22 Oct 2007
- Gonzalez, Kelly, Integrated Service Point: Changing the Face of Service in Medical Libraries, Presented at the Midwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association, 10 Oct 2004